Father’s Day is around the corner (June 16), and what better way to show Dad you appreciate him than with a cookout with family and friends? Grill this delicious recipe of beef ribs and pair it with french fries, coleslaw and a glass of Dad’s favorite beer. He will be content relaxing instead of sweating over the grill!
4 to 6 pounds beef ribs, cut into 3-rib sections
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 onion, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In large skillet, combine onion, oil and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add ketchup, honey, chili sauce and hot sauce. Allow mixture to simmer over medium-low to low heat for 10– 15 minutes. Once cooked, save half of sauce in a separate container.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper, and place on the grill.
4. Allow ribs to cook for at least 1 hour, basting with reserved sauce, and turning occasionally.
5. When ribs are done, remove from heat and serve with reserved barbecue sauce.