1. 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
2. 1/2 cup 100 percent pure pumpkin puree
3. 1 cup water
4. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
5. 3 cups of whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, pumpkin, flour, water and coconut oil. There is no need to melt the coconut oil, solid is fine.
4. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
5. Knead the dough until it forms a big ball.
6. Flatten the dough ball either with your fingers or with a rolling pin. Spread the dough out to approximately 1/4-inch in thickness.
7. Press your cookie cutter into the dough and cut out the biscuit.
8. Place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
10. Cool on wire rack.
11. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
If your dog has a wheat sensitivity, you can switch out the flour to an oat, rice or coconut flour. The consistency may just be a little different.
Recipe from ProudDogMom.com.