Prepare For The Sun
While it may only be May, the number of sun drenched days are on the rise here in Frisco. Lucky for you, we’ve narrowed down the best of the best for avoiding skin damage, while still looking hot. Allow us to ease you into dreaded dog days of summer with these top five must haves – plus a bonus item!
1. We love a great salt spray for those coveted boho beach locks and this Oribe Wave and Shine Spray from Modern Luxe Salon is on the top of our list. Just spray it on the ends of your hair and scrunch. It gives you that beach-y tousled hair without the salty stiffness. It’s a fine line we walk between effortless and chic. This Modern Luxe must-have gets us there. modernluxesalon.com
2. We all know by now the importance of UV protection for our eyes, but who wants to forgo style for safety? None of us. That’s why when I stumbled across Electric sunglasses, I was a fan. I’m not tossing my Tom Ford’s any time soon, but when the Texas sun is in all its blazing glory, I need a little more horse power and Electric’s OHM (Optical Health through Melanin) lenses offer 100% UV protection. Electric has synthesized melanin (nature’s sunblock) and injected it into every pair of Electric sunglasses. The benefit is comfort, clarity, and the blocking of the sun’s most harmful HEV blue light. Plus, I get a ton of compliments every time i wear these mirrored babies. electriccalifornia.com
3. You just can’t neglect your lips when the weather turns hot and dry. After a day by the pool, try a lip scrub to eliminate any dead surface skin before putting on your lipstick for dinner that evening. We love this Full Circle Apothecary Lip Polish for a myriad of reasons. Not only does it exfoliate the lips (or anywhere you put it for that matter) while leaving a moisture rich barrier behind, but it’s 100% organic and made right here in Plano Texas! Find Full Circle Apothecary products on Etsy.com
4. Being it’s only May, most of us have to fake that summer glow. While in this girl’s opinion, bronzer is a year round product, it’s especially crucial in these summer months. Because, yes, we don’t want all the negatives that come with sunbathing, but we DO want that bronzey glow. NARS Laguna has been a long-time cult favorite and for a good reason, but if you don’t need help enhancing your tan, try Bobbi Brown’s Highlighting Powder. Originally released as a seasonal item, it is now back in permanent rotation due to the crazy high demand; giving you instant luminosity. Nordstrom Stonebriar Center.
5. Last but certainly not least, you cannot forget sunblock, especially on our faces. While any non-comedogenic sunscreen will work on your delicate facial skin, my favorite are ones that you can apply (and reapply) post makeup application without effecting the coloring or integrity of your foundation. Supergoop has an awesome setting mist with an spf of 50 that helps control oil and shine as well as set your makeup! Genius! BONUS Another must have is this Translucent Protecting Powder from Colorscience. This Physician favorite allows you to layer your sunblock over your makeup as you would any finishing powder, without disturbing your perfectly bronzed finish! We got ours from Renaissance Med Spa in Plano. www.renaissanceplasticsurgerytx.com